Wednesday, October 25, 2017

My first gluten free pizza crust mix!

I love home made pizza I even have a little pizza oven that looks like a box of pizza. It cooks homemade pizza crust PERFECTLY!! Just look how cute the pizza oven is!

Since I have been gluten free I pretty much have stopped making it because I wouldn't be able to eat it. Well my husband specifically asked for my homemade pizza this week. I had seen at Aldi they had a gluten free pizza crust mix so I had originally planned to buy that while grocery shopping so I could make my own little personal pizza. Unfortunately, they were out when I went grocery shopping on Sunday. So I stopped during the week at Weis because they have a whole gluten free section at the end of their healthy food isle (which is basically normal junk like mac-n-cheese only it's all organic or it's vegan ect...). I figured they would have some gluten free pizza crust mix for me and they actually be 2. One was like $5.29 and the other was like $3.95 so I just grabbed the cheaper one and went home. Never looked at the box really until tonight. 


After making the pizza crust for my kids and husband I left it in a bowl to rise with a towel over the top. That was the first time I looked at the box. The directions called for you to mix the crust mix with 2 Tbsp of oil. Then mix a cup of sharp cheddar cheese and then 4 Tbsp of milk. I instantly was thinking, "oh no, what is this!" But I made it and even though the crust was not very dough like I tried to stay positive. I also had no sharp cheddar cheese but I had some left over Mexican blend that I hoped would work instead. I rolled it out on the pan, topped it, and popped it in the oven. 

The box said it was only made with 4 ingredients and none of them was rice or corn. I couldn't imagine it tasting very good but I have to say I was VERY pleasantly surprised. It was FANTASTIC pizza!!! It tastes a lot like you made garlic breadsticks and topped the with pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. I will totally be getting that again. I stupidly forgot to poke the crust with a fork before putting It in the oven so it turned out to be a very thick crust and so I as only able to eat one piece. I saved the rest and we will see how well it does tomorrow when I reheat it for lunch.

Thanks Chēbē for making a fantastic gluten free pizza crust!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment